In general, notarial functions include the administration of all oaths and affirmations provided for by law in all matters incident to the notarial office, and in the execution of affidavits, depositions, and other documents requiring an oath, and to receive the proof and acknowledgment of all writings relating to commerce and navigation, and such other writings as are commonly proved or acknowledged before notaries, and acting as as magistrate in the writing of affidavits or depositions, and making declarations and certifying to the truth thereof (Section 618, Revised Regulations of the DFA, 1995).
The most common notarial services include administering oaths and affirmations, jurat (the memorandum giving the date and place of the taking of oath and the signature of the affiant), and the preparation of an affidavit.
The general requirements for documents to be notarized are as follows:
- Original copy and two (2) photocopies of the document to be notarized. Kindly note that the Embassy does not offer photocopying service;
- Original passport of the applicant and photocopy of the passport’s personal data and visa pages;
- Personal appearance; and,
- Payment of processing fee: can be found in this link http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-office/schedule-of-service-fees .
When an officer of the Thai government has performed a notarial or other official act for use in the Philippines, the official character of the executing officer should be verified by the officer of the Philippine Embassy. The officer of the Philippine Embassy shall then issue a Certificate of Authentication in order to give the service legal force and effect in the Philippines.
The requirements for the issuance of a Certificate of Authentication are as follows:
- Original copy and two (2) photocopies of the document duly authenticated by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Kindly note that the Embassy does not offer photocopying service; and,
- Payment of processing fee: can be found in this link http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-office/schedule-of-service-fees