Filipino nationals who are getting married to another Filipino or to a foreigner must apply for a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (CLCCM) at the Embassy. This service is only for Filipinos. The foreigner partner must apply for the equivalent of this legal capacity to contract marriage with his/her Embassy in Thailand.


  1. Personal appearance by the Filipino applicant/s before the consular officer:

  • If one or both contracting parties is/are between 18 to 21 years old, a duly notarized “Affidavit of Consent” executed by the parents of the contracting parties should be presented to the consular officer. The Affidavit of Consent must have a DFA Apostille. Please read No. 9 of

  • If one or both contracting parties is/are between 21 to 25 years old, meaning 22 to 24 years old, a duly notarized “Written Proof of Parental Advice” should be presented to the consular officer. There is no prescribed format for the parental advice. It can be in any form such as a letter written on plain bond paper or any paper from the parent/s, addressed to the contracting party or parties. The Written Proof of Parental Advice must have a DFA Apostille. Please read No. 8 of

2.a For Filipinos who are Single, submit a Certificate of No Record of Marriage (CENOMAR or CRS Form No. 4) of Filipino applicant/s issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) (formerly, National Statistics Office or NSO). The CENOMAR must have a DFA Apostille. The issue date of the CENOMAR must not be older than 180 days on the day of presentation to the Consular Officer. Only the PSA can issue a CENOMAR upon application by the party or parties concerned.
2.b For Filipinos whose marriage has been Annulled or whose Foreign Divorce Decree has been recognized by a Philippine court, submit the Certificate of Marriage Record (CEMAR or CRS Form No. 5) from the PSA listing the previous marriage/s and the Annotated Marriage Certificate from the PSA bearing the Philippine court decision approving the annulment or the foreign divorce decree. The CEMAR and the Annotated Marriage Certifcate must have DFA Apostilles.
2.c For Filipinos who are Widows or Widowers, submit the CEMARMarriage Certificate, and Death Certificate of Spouse, all issued by the PSA. The CEMAR, Marriage Certificate, and the Death Certificate of the Spouse must all have DFA Apostilles.
3. Birth Certificate of Filipino applicant/s issued by the PSA and with DFA Apostille;

4. Photocopy of the data-page of both parties’ valid Philippine passports.
5. One colored photo (2 inches by 2 inches with blue background) of the clients.



CLCCM Fee: can be found in this link


  1. Client/s must personally appear at the Embassy and completely fill up the “Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Marry”.

  •  NOTE: Per Thai Department of Provincial Administration regulation no. Mor Thor. 0309.3/Vor 9609 dated 2 June 2015Filipino males who wish to marry Thai nationals will be required to produce proof of their monthly income and to provide two personal references (with complete name, address and telephone number) in the Philippines.
  1. Client/s shall present to the consular officer all the requirements listed above.

  2. Clients or their official representatives shall be advised to return after ten (10) consecutive working days for the result of verification of authenticity of the PSA documents and DFA Apostilles that were submitted.

Please note that the ten (10) working day clearing period is also the period of the marriage banns during which the names of the contracting parties will be posted in a public area at the Consular Office. If all the documents are in order and if there are no objections from the public on the posting, the CLCCM will be issued ten (10) working days after the date of CLCCM application to the client or their official representatives after payment of the CLCCM fee.
A Filipino groom and a Filipino bride who wish to get married at the Embassy may also apply for Solemnization of Marriage should they have legal capacity to contract marriage as evidenced by the CLCCM.
A Filipino who wish to get married to a Thai or a foreigner must present the CLCCM and its Thai translation, both certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Thai District Office where the Filipino intends to get married.
Estimated processing time
  1. Application for CLCCM: one (1) to two (2) hours depending on the volume of applicants;

  • Marriage Banns/ Clearing and Document Verification period: ten (10) working days after the date of application;

  1. Claiming and or release of CLCCM: thirty (30) to forty-five minutes depending on the volume of applicants, on the 11the working day following the 10 working day marriage banns.

Important Notes: 

      • A ten (10) working day marriage banns is observed from the date of filing of the application for a CLCCM for the purpose of allowing any third party who believes that the marriage between the contracting parties should not proceed to formally file a written objection to the Embassy.  The written objection must clearly state the grounds on which it is based.
      • The Consular Office will issue the CLCCM after verification of the submitted documents and the lapse of the 10-day marriage banns, provided that no objection to the marriage has been received in the interim.
      • The same set of requirements applies to Filipinos intending to marry foreign nationals.
      • Please refer to Solemnization of Marriage (D) under Other Services for complete information on the requirements and procedures for marriage between two Filipinos at the Embassy.
      • Client/s may apply for the CENOMAR or Annotated Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate online through the PSA website